On 9th November, Cavendish Corporate Finance is hosting an afternoon seminar to explore how UK companies can attract some of the leading businesses from Japan and China, and secure the most lucrative M&A deals.
Asian businesses are increasingly looking to the UK for their next acquisition as part of their growth strategies.
- The seminar will detail the trends in Japanese and Chinese M&A activity in the UK over the last five years, detailing their growing importance as buyers of UK businesses. Speakers will also deliver advice to bear in mind when assessing M&A activities in the region, including cultural issues, tax rules and cross border issues that will help smooth the M&A process.
- Chairing the Anglo-Asian M&A sessions is Lord Leigh of Hurley, senior partner of Cavendish Corporate Finance, who accompanied the PM on a trade trip to China is one of the foremost thinkers on M&A in Europe.
- Hear from CEOs of British companies who have secured successful buyouts from Asian partners.
- Meet and network with top names from Asian banking and UK & Asian corporate finance houses, including Minsheng Banking Corporation, Cavendish Corporate Finance and Quam Capital, amongst others.
- All speakers and other experts will be available to answer questions throughout the afternoon.
The seminar, at the Charlotte Street Hotel, will begin at 4pm.
Numbers are limited, with places decided on a first come first served basis.
Lord Leigh of Hurley – Senior Partner, Cavendish Corporate Finance
Richard Winter – CEO, Quam Capital
Wiley O’Yang – Head of Investment Banking, CMBC International
Shin Murai – Director, GCA Savvian
Arthur Zhuo Chen - Investment Director, Fosun Group
Alan Halsall – Chariman, Silver Cross Nurseries Limited
Robert Laurence – Chief Executive, Resolution Property