The Debt Advisory team is a core and complementary part of Cavendish and the wider finnCap Group, working with both publicly and privately-owned businesses, the latter including private equity and family owned.
Through the team’s combined experience of over 40 years in the debt financing markets, it has established relationships with a vast, and ever-growing network of lenders across the market including the traditional clearing banks, challenger banks, credit funds and asset-based lenders.
In recent years the European debt financing landscape has developed and become increasingly sophisticated with the traditional clearing banks encountering increased competition from alternative lenders. The depth and complexity of the debt markets mean our role in helping clients navigate this becomes ever more relevant.
We take the time to fully understand our clients’ businesses and their strategic objectives, before helping them access the most appropriate type and level of capital. Our role is to ensure that clients have a number of options available to them and we have a proven track record of helping them secure better and more favourable financing terms than they could have done in the absence of an advisor.
Where we can help
Our team have many years of combined experience from both an advisory and lending perspective. As such we have the expertise to support clients across a number of different types of transactions including;
- Growth Capital
- Acquisition Finance
- Restructuring (including covenant resets)
- Sell-side Lender Education
We have experience in providing trusted advice to business stakeholders to help them find the right solution, without the process severely impacting on the day to day running of their businesses. We ensure that the most relevant lenders are approached and only those with genuine appetite and appropriate terms are introduced to you. Our Debt Advisory team provides you with:
- A truly independent and trusted advisor, with sector expertise through the wider finnCap Group sector teams
- Access to a large network of lenders in the UK and Europe with whom we have established relationships, as well as access to local lenders across the globe through our Oaklins network which has a presence in over 40 countries
- A fully involved advisor that spends time to understand your business and your strategic objectives to ensure that the optimal capital solution is achieved. This may be through debt financing or alternative capital solutions; the wider finnCap Group has expertise in all growth capital solutions
- The experience of former lenders providing a unique and invaluable insight into credit processes
Recent deals for Debt Advisory
Debt Advisory | Private Equity
Debt Advisory | Private
Kape Technologies Plc
Debt Advisory | Plc
Morses Club Plc
Debt Advisory | Plc
We are pleased to have secured this debt facility with Bank of Ireland, Barclays and Citi supported by finnCap. This facility not only supports our recent acquisition but further strengthens our balance sheet providing additional growth capital.
finnCap provided us with the knowledge of market and debt structure expertise that we didn’t have in house and we very much look forward to working together on future acquisitions.